Camera ClickMe was the first app that we started developing almost 9 months back. After 3 months of a lot of hard work we submitted the App to Apple, but kept on getting sent to additional reviews and went through several delays. We even re-submitted the app several times after we got some feedback from Apple about use of some shapes and images that were copyrighted, or some UI design issues etc.. but it was not until a couple of months later that we got a call from Apple and were told about the final decision: a rejection, and were told to use the new APIs provided in the 3.1 OS update which allowed customization of the camera preview window.
Meanwhile, we worked on and released several apps, as you would see listed on Animagik’s home page, and Camera ClickMe could never see the light of the day. Finally, thanks to Apple’s review team, Camera ClickMe was finally accepted and is available on the App Store starting today. We cant be more relieved and thankful to Apple.. though they did give us a lot of anxious moments since we first submitted the App early in Summers of 2009.
Check it out at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/camera-clickme/id345949627?mt=8
We hope you like it.. do give us feedback or any suggestions for future improvement.
About Camera ClickMe:
Camera ClickMe is a first of its kind Camera app on any platform which not only takes self photos automatically using face detection techniques, as some other apps have earlier attempted to do, but also provides voice prompts to let users move the camera to the right position to fit their faces in a configurable view frame and then prompts when its ready to take the picture, to get that perfect photo. Moreover, it can capture two faces as well, again with real time performance. After that perfect photo, users can decorate their photo with various frames, shapes and captions, including Xmas and New Year’s special shapes, and share via email or upload to Facebook.
Concentrate on that perfect pose instead of getting yourself in the frame. No more ugly close-ups, surprised expressions, half faces, face stuck in a corner or fuzzy because of a shake.
Let “Camera ClickMe” take your photo for you and get a perfect photo every time!!
Unlike other apps using face detection technology, which just take a photo without any feedback, this one is unique in:
– letting you define your expected position in the photo – 2 face mode lets you take you and your friend together
– asks you to “smile” before it clicks to get the best picture you would want giving you time to get ready for the picture.
– gives you voice feedback to move the phone to the best position to get the photo to fit the frame you want.
– checks for shakes and stabilizes your final picture
You know you need this if you ever tried taking your own picture for a self portrait or along with someone else from the phone, and realize how difficult it is to position the camera the right way to get yourself in the frame. You can only guess if you are in the frame. Then you have to reach out to click the capture button without disturbing your position in the frame. Most often the end photo cuts a part of your face out, puts you in a corner, has your face too close/big or too far/small or is just fuzzy because of the phone shake in trying to click the capture button.
——– Features ——–
– 2 face mode to capture you and your friends together.
– Stabilization mode to prevent photo shaking.
– Voice prompts guide you to fit your face accurately in a customizable frame.
– Portrait and Landscape mode capture.
– Text annotations for captions with a library of colorful text objects:
– Xmas themed Tags and Caption backgrounds
– Thought bubbles
– Speech bubbles,
– PostIt or just
– Plain text on transparent background.
– Shapes to decorate your photos
-Xmas and New Year’s special shapes, stamps and decorations.
– Custom text messages
– Face Accessories
– Beards and Goatees
– Sunglasses and Frames
– Ear rings
– Wigs – Many more to try how you appear
– Photo frames: to frame your valuable pictures.
– Camera Roll support: Add annotations, frames and captions to existing photos from Camera Roll.
– Facebook integration: Share your funny captions or your face decorations with your friends.
– Decorate not just self portraits but any photo and share with your friends.
– Use it as a mirror to see how you appear.
– Email your photo creations to your friends from within the application.
How to Use:
Select Face Capture mode or manual Capture or Load from Camera Roll In face capture mode the phone beeps until it detects a face in the frame, after which you are prompted to move the phone left, right, up, down or farther to fit your face accurately in the frame. Once it fits it will prompt you to smile and get ready for the picture. When capturing 2 people, select the Two Faces option. After the photo is taken you can add text captions, shapes and frames and save it locally, email, or publish to Facebook